Wednesday 13 June 2012

Sometimes it's wee...a sad tail.

I have hummed and harred over publishing this little gem of a story. I have wondered what future employers will think if they find it, I have wondered what my children will think if they read this and then I have wondered what you our readers will think. In the end the joy of telling a good story has outweighed my embarrasment.

We were driving along a long stretch of Outback North Queensland road, not much too see and less to do. It was nice and warm and we had about 600km of driving until we reached Charters Towers and our rest stop for the night. It is dry in this part of the country and if you do not drink enough water you end up with a cracker headache. Having had a coffee and 1L of water already I really needed to pee.

The need to pee and doing so on the side of the road is not an issue. We have been traveling for 5 months now so squatting by the side of the road does not bother me and it is often cleaner than road side toilets.

I told Mark I needed to go and he said he also needed a pee, clearly he was employing the same water drinking strategy as I was.

We pulled over in a little stopping bay and, as is my custom, I squatted near the ute in the little gap between the ute and the trailer. This affords me a little privacy and preserves what little dignity I have left after showering nude, out in the open in most National Parks.

Marks habit is to stand very close to the ute and pee on the other side of the tyre to prevent any "splash back" that my land on his shoes. Ever the neat and tidy man in my husband.

I had my back to him and was doing my business when I feel a little splash on my bare buttocks. I quickly realise that, as it was not raining, my husband must be getting his "splash back" on ME!!!! 

"AHHHH...stop...you are weeing on MEEEE!!!!" I scream.

"What???" Says Mark..."Oh, oh shit, oh sorry."

It was awful but very very funny.


2 comments:

  1. We've discussed this at length before Krys, since you are over 25 there is no need to feel embarrassed that you got R Kelly'd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the trajectory of the wind was wrong that day. But it would not be a crime if R Kelly had embarrassed himself with people over 25.

      Delete