Monday 2 July 2012

Dont Hold it Girly...

Leaving Brisbane our next stop was my Uncle Moyles. This is one part of the trip I was super excited about as I had not seen Uncle Moyle since I was a teenager.

After getting a bit lost and having a bit of a fight Mark and I made it to Moyles to find a big hug, warm pea and ham soup and lots of love.

We were super excited about fishing at Uncle Moyles as he is a champion fisherman with a wealth of knowledge and as you know we have not had a lot of luck in the fishing department. We were lucky enough to catch 2 fish.
First Fish

The first I caught was a bream and it was legal size so we kept him for dinner. We took a photo with the fish and, as it was my catch, I wanted to hold it. As Uncle Moyle was trying to instruct me on holding the bream he says "now don't hold it girly!" sound advice and it made me laugh! Another fish was needed to make a meal so we waited and chatted.

Mud Crab
Uncle Moyle has a wonderful way with birds. They love him, he is the bird whistler. He has made friends with some beautiful sea eagles. At first, if he is ignoring the birds they will "squawk squawk" until he speaks or whistles to them. Uncle Moyle then holds up a fish so the sea eagle knows he is going to feed them. He then places it on a platform and the sea eagle leaves his perch, circles around overhead like he is stalking his prey and swoops down with powerful wings to claim his prize. It was magnificent.

Uncle Moyle calling the Sea Eagle
Beautiful
WOW!
Getting a photo of the eagle swooping down to eat and kissing the sun as he circled was difficult. Once we got out the camera the eagle was camera shy. We were determined to get a good photo so we stood in the right light in shifts waiting. While Mark fished with Uncle Moyle I waited for the eagle and vice versa. As mark was fishing his line bent but went quiet again. He was going to pull it in but decided he must of lost the fish do did not bother. We swapped so I was fishing and the line in question was particularly quiet. I thought the bait must be gone. I reeled it in and to my surprise and joy there was a fish on the end! Mark had it on his line the whole time! Alas as I reeled it in it was my fish!

When we were little Dad would give us $2 for the first fish, $2 for the most fish and $2 for the biggest fish. This day I won all the money!!

The fish were enough for diner and Mark steamed it with shallots and ginger. With entree donated by Graham, Moyles neighbor, it was a feast. Uncle Moyle and I spent most of the night gas bagging. It was so good to catch up and for Mark to meet another member of the family. The next day we had lunch with Marie and then Mark and I said good bye. I teared up on leaving the warm, farmiliar cuddles of Uncle Moyle and I vow it will not be so long between visits as life is short.

Preparing the Mud Crab
Mark Probably had a fish on his line in this shot
Moyle with Mad Skills









Mark steamed the bream...excellent!
Second Fish!
Mark cooked AMAZING Mud Crab




THe view from Uncle Moyle's front yard
 Thanks Uncle Moyle. Love You! Love Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment