Saturday 17 March 2012

Bendigo-tastic

I have been reading Wuthering Heights and thus my blog will reflect the style of writing of the book. I cant help it. What ever I am reading at the time influences how I write. If you think I sound a little queer; you have the explanation. It was a great book by the way; very dark and a fantastically told story.

On to Bendigo.

Initial impressions of the bustling inland city were very favorable. The historic European style buildings, fountains and gardens have been kept largely intact and this makes for a beautiful city scape. People are friendly and it is a 'foodie' city so we were right at home.

The city also has a Chinese population as well as other nationalities which is evident in the Chinese Museum and the Asian grocery stores. We like the character of this city the more we get to know it.

My awesome 'new' handbag






The streets are filled with funky little eateries like The old Green Bean. The coffee is roasted on site and is a full flavored blend with plenty of kick. It makes breakfast, lunch and all things in between and each dish is wonderfully presented and tastes fantastic for under $10! It si also one of my favourite places as I purchased this awesome second hand bag there. They have a collection of second hand clothes and accessories and I was in heaven. Find them on Face Book:

 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Green-Bean/119898558027131


 We ate a $30 lunch special at the one hat restaurant "Whirrakee". The duck was juicy, Mark's steak cooked rare with a beetroot topping and dessert divine layers of chocolate and candied orange. Mark struck up a conversation with the Manger and was promptly offered a job! Amazing! After much discussion we declined the offer of work for although we would love to stay and really do have the urge to work we are in fear that we may never move on. Thanks anyway Benny and we will be back.


http://www.whirrakeerestaurant.com.au/

We also had a pottery lesson at Bendigo Pottery and enjoyed getting our hands dirty. Mark made a great little jug that will be fired and posted home.

Bendigo is a place we will defiantly consider living but why must it, like all places we like, be so far from our family and friends.

Washing Time at Camp KR and ML











FOOD BLOG
After some requests; only 2 really (Sarah and Keegan) I have decided to do some blogging on the food we are cooking. The next post will be the recipe for my favorite food that I cook for all visitors and friends...Beetroot Risotto. Unfortunately Mark states he is 'sick' of beetroot risotto (very rude) so I will have to dig out an old picture to use with the recipe. Stay tuned for the update.

Love lots
Krystal

1 comment:

  1. I heart Bendigo, have considered living there myself!! I go every year for a shearing competition.

    ReplyDelete