Thursday 29 March 2012

Have you ever...ever felt like this?

Have you ever...ever felt like this?
Have strange things happened?
Are you going round the twist?

I sing this song every time we go to a light house. Every. Single. Time. Poor Mark.

Eventually I thought that maybe, one day, we might happen upon the light house from the Paul Jennings inspired TV show on the ABC called 'Round The Twist."

Low and behold the light house on the Great Ocean Road, near Lorne, IS the one from the TV show! My excitement could not be contained, the smile could not be removed from my face! Fantastic!

I sang the song a few more times, again poor Mark, and got my photo taken in front of it. I was content with that, I mean, what more could a person want? A tour? Hell Yes!

The tour happened to be at 2pm and it was, to my amazement, 2pm! What luck! $10 each and we were in. We were lucky enough to be the only ones on the tour and we got to go right to the top of the lighthouse and go out on the balcony. It was great.The views were amazing and I could sing the song as loud as I liked while waving to the people below. I wanted to share my enthusiasm and Mark bore it with the good grace of a husband who knows when he is beat. He to enjoyed the show as a child so that helped I think.

We are now back in Melbourne for the 14km fun run 'Run for the Kids.' A big thank you to Victor (again) for letting us stay at his house (again) I think we will have to start paying rent.

Unfortunately I have injured my Achilles and while I have visited 2 x GP's and a Physio I will not be racing on Sunday. Its very upsetting and I am hating not being able to run. I am strapped up and have exercises to do so fingers crossed I will not be out for long. I also managed to score a Physio appointment in Adelaide (our next stop) at SportsMed SA so I hope that will help.

Melbourne is still great and I think a very livable city. The 12 Apostles on the Great Ocean Road took my breath away and seeing the Koalas was a highlight.

Dion I promise to try and take a few skort pics for you...I hope I do not get arrested.

Sending lots of love

 Krystal




2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I can't believe you have been in THE lighthouse, that is freaking awesome!
    I am adding this part go Vic to my ever growing must see list. I am also adding your risotto to my must cook list, look delish.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot... Hope your feeling better honey, take care.

    ReplyDelete