Wednesday 4 April 2012

Mt Gambier to Robe





Travailing the great ocean road and then there was much excitement as we passed the boarder into South Australia!
















The Big Lobster...for Martha!


Excited because

A) I had to much sugar from consuming all our fruit as you cannot take it over the boarder unless it is in your stomach (NOT like Ben Cousins please do not be confused)

B) We love SA! I finally get to listen to my favorite radio man Peter Goers on ABC, we are closer to Adelaide and feel a sense of familiarity and comfort as we spent some time in this state while living in Broken Hill.

C) I am celebrating my birthday early so I can enjoy all Adelaide has to offer on a mad day of eating and drinking and beach swimming! A fo birthday if you will.


Hanging Garden in the Sink Hole

On our way to Adelaide we stayed a night in a free camp sight at Mt Gambier. The camp was great and the town pretty. There are sink holes, where the ground falls away, and in a glass half full, make the best of a bad situation type mentality they have turned these huge sink holes into gardens. Very neat.
What does this look like to you?

Something a little odd about Mt Gambier is the sandstone statues around town. I will leave the pictures to you and your imagination. I think they are a little rude.
Statues in Mt Gambier

We also stopped at Robe; a favorite place of ours ever since we visited in 2011 with Alvin, Dylan, Serena, Pov, Lisa, Rob and Yuni. Robe is very pretty and a good little stop over point.

Finally...Adelaide! Or if you are from Broken Hill 'Tadelaide'. It is common to hear people say: "Going Tadelaide this weekend." So much so that, when living in Broken Hill I thought there was such a place as Tadelaide. In reality the people of Broken Hill are saying 'to Adelaide.'

Adelaide is such a liviable city that we could easily stay! I'll tell you all about it in my next post. Have a good week.
Robe.

Love Krystal   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the Big Lobster!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete