Saturday 12 May 2012

What is Your Best Self?

Gorgeous Gorges
What is your best self? The very best self you could imagine. If everything went your way, if everything worked out and the stars aligned just for you what would that you be like? Maybe you have more than 1 best self. A few different "the best" you could be.

Maybe you have never thought about it.







I got to thinking about this question in Melbourne. A group of uni students had gathered in federation square dressed in all manner of crazy garb. There were lions, ballarinas, drag queens and everything in between. Frankie and I stopped to look at them and listen in on what they were up to. It turns out that on that day they were to arrive in federation square as their "best self."



Fern Pool




 It got me thinking...what does my best self look like? What does she act like? What does she do? It's an interesting thing to think on. What does your best self look like? The next thought is then " how close is my current self to my best self?"





I'm happy to report that I came close to, the closest I have ever been to one of my best selves this week. As we stripped off down to our swimmers in Karajini National Park my hubby and I went adventure gorging. Wearing a bikini, hat and hiking shows I swam, climbed, scrambled and explored my way through some of the most beautiful gorges I have ever seen.

Swimming at Fern Pool


 Pushing our bodies, our limits, our fear factor. Squeezing through cracks in rocks only 1 meter wide and swimming in holes of clear blue water that have no conceivable bottom I looked at mark and thought to myself that this was one of my best selves.






Like an Albert Namagera Painting
Fig Trees growing in the Gorge
The next day we had car trouble, it was hot and I ate a whole packet of chocolate biscuits. Clearly I did not get to be my best self for long. However I am happy that, for a day, I was one of my best selves and I hope I and you have a few more days like that and a few less days where we eat all the biscuits.

Love krystal

1 comment:

  1. Clearly everyone's "best self" is very different, my best self is eating all the chocolate biscuits, the whole packet all to myself. One day you will understand the skill required too get away without getting caught. (just between you and me... Chocolate wrappers have been know to turn up in my bathroom bin. I know I know! Clearly my best self standards have dropped! But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.)

    Seriously, I am so happy for you guys, doing what you are, I'm not sure I'd have the guts.
    I hope the cars all better.
    Stay safe
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete