Thursday 26 January 2012

The Adveture Begins...Finally!

Day 1: Australia Day.
Packed Mendoza the ute, checked air, waters, tyres, batteries, bearings.

Said to my Dad: "Are you proud of us for travelling around Australia?" His reply: "You have not done it yet!"

A phone call from Kathy Tildsley made us feel better when she said, "You are resourceful and smart you will be fine." Thank you Kathy your words ring in my ears and make me feel better.

A phone call from Dion on what he calls Invasion Day to wish us well.

I look over at my Husband and I cannot believe we are really doing this. I feel nervous and excited and a bit sick!

Saying goodbye to my family was the hardest part. Saying goodbye to my Grandparents was the worst. They are amazing and have helped me so much in our life and so much inpreparation for this trip. Pa helped us sharpen our tommohawk and gave us his home made sinkers for fishing. I know as we drive away from them that they will never be as well as they are when I look at them at this moment and that is tough. 12 months is a long time and I dont know how they will be on our return.

Leaving the puppy was hard and M found this particularly gut wrenching.

As we hit the road to Gooloogong and I am over the emotional stuff I just feel...well...free. An overwheling sense of freedom.

No job, no worries, no bills, if I forgot something who cares cause I will not die without it.

So...here we go!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Krystal & Mark!! Love your blog so far! I'll be sure to keep reading and live vicariously through you guys!! Have an amazing time, be safe and absorb EVERY minute! xx Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!! Good luck guys!! getting this blog straight to my reader, so i will be reading it every step of the way!

    I am only a phone call away, so my care package fingers are ready when you need it.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Loz...have a great last week of holidays and I am so happy that you are following the blog!

    Thanks rob...miss you and Yuni! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we've all learned that blunt tomahawks are less than useless.

    Good job sharpening it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blunt tomohawks are definatly less than useless! They could still kill a Taipan if used correctly. Xxx

    ReplyDelete