Monday 23 January 2012

Dog Blog

This blog post is dedicated to our loyal companion...Ormiston our blue healer. With a name like Ormiston you would think he may be a little posh but no he is a Broken Hill local (or A Grader) and has been with us since he was a puppy. He is a bit of a sook and really likes cuddles. 

During this summer break he has been staying with my Husbands family and the result is that he is now fluent in Cantonese. This morning as we said good bye to the in laws they were more concerned with missing Ormiston than they were with missing us. We will not see them for 12 months as we travel around the country but again all they could do was tell Ormiston how much they love him!

Thank you to the in laws for looking after him.

I hear you ask...what will we do with our dog on our trip? Well as much as we would like to take him with us I cannot stand the hair! We also plan to stay in National Parks and they do not allow dogs. So we are leaving him with my parents. They do not speak Cantonese, only English, and Mum cannot say his name she calls him Orbison like Roy Orbison the singer. Despite these downfalls they will make good baby sitters.

My husband is heart broken that we are leaving him behind and all he can say is..."I miss our puppy". We have not even left yet!

So this blog post is dedicated to Ormiston...see you when we get back...we love you very much.
Love Mum and Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Heart breaking. They really do become part of the family don't they. When he see's you again he'll go crazy. My brother was away from home for 2 years and his dog recognised him straight away, she went nuts. Was a happy moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my dog soooo much. My father in law has been sending some photos every now and then, makes my day. Can't wait to check out your horsies tho

    ReplyDelete