Sunday 29 January 2012

Spag Bowl, Showers and a little Shouting!


First meal we cooked: Spag Bowl = excellent.

First shower: Day 3 in the middle of a free camp, out in the open, after a 5km run, with luke warm water = passable.

First Fight: The sleepy town of Delegate where my ancestors came from. I took us on a 'scenic drive' which turned out to be an awful dirt road! Sorry M!

Deligate was excellent though and I found pictures and graves of my relatives on my Dad's side. Having grown up with few other people with the same last name as me it was great to see people of the same kin.

We found a photo of a relative with the same 'bum' chin as my Dad. All in all it was great.

In terms of the actual camping stuff it is kind of hard work...I knew it would be but everything from cooking to washing to showering is a huge operation, I can see how in the olden days it took all day to feed and wash a family. It does make you appreciate the small things though like hot water.

The scenery is beautiful and tonight we are camped in a rainforest so there is no complaining here!
LoveKnM

No comments:

Post a Comment