Monday 30 January 2012

It's All About Food.


It was all about the food yesterday...as it usually is for us

First thing in the morning M makes us a great latte on our Atomic coffee machine. He is such a good barista and I am so lucky to have a coffee every morning!

We had truffles in Lakes Entrance. Each little truffle was handmade and decorated on top. Four of the alcoholic ones were equal to 1 standard drink and I thought this was amazing! M had a lemon one and I had coconut. They were thick as you sank your teeth in and the inside was like fudge. Mmmm

Afer a run on the beach we showered in the free and cold beach showers and then followed a food and wine trail through rural Gippsland in Victoria. The countryside is bright green and the gum trees huge as you take winding roads and follow hand drawn maps to little farms that are growing and selling theirown produce.

The roads followed a river and our first stop was a berry farm. The raspberries were so good that they burst in yourmouth when you chew on them.They were delicate and just a little sweet.

NExt stop was a blueberry farm where they had blueberry everything. Soap,hand cream, candles and Christmas Decorations.
The blueberries from here are bright purple and were picked that morning. We had them on our breakfast thismorning and they were delish.

Finally a fruit farm. I cannot even tell you how amazing the peaches are from this farm. They are firm and sweet with an after taste that will rock your world. They are the best peaches I have ever had and I wish we could share them with you all. Shop purchased peaches will never compare.

We finished off with a winery and then we were on the road again!
Love K

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I have told you once today that I am totally jealous but seriously I coffee like that !!! Everyday!!! Mark you are more then welcome at my house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we get home we will come over n make u a coffee. Xxx

    ReplyDelete