Saturday 4 February 2012

The coolest thing that has ever happened!

Melbourne...I love you!














The coolest thing EVER happened to me today. We were walking around the Melbourne CBD in the dingy back lanes looking at the street art with M, Frankie and Victor. The street art is freaking excellent and so cool!

It's cool because graffiti is against the rules but its cool at the same time. Good graffiti is, however, art and this street art just so excellent it has become a tourist attraction. Its a full 360 degrees of the idea of graffiti. That it would be accepted by the wider public and condoned when it is normally illegal.


















So back to the story; we are walking in these back lanes and there is a group of teenagers in a group making a bit of noise. Now that we are in our late 20's we have lost that invincibility that comes with your teen years and early 30's. You know that feeling that you are awesome. So we were a bit hesitant when approaching the group to see the street art that was on the walls around them.













Then I saw it...in the middle of the group of youths...two youths were freestyle rapping!!!!

Oh My God Freestyle Rapping! It was awesome and fulfilled all 2Pac teenage fantasies of actually being a part of something like this! It was the most awesome thing I have randomly come across ever.

Mark, Frankie and Victor did not seem as excited as I was so I rang my little brother Gerard who was suitably excited. I know that Bridgid and Rob will find this story cool as they read it...as will Karrie and other high school pals.

As a wrap up I would like to thank Victor and Frankie for a great day. A run around the river, lunch, waffles, sight seeing and wonderful company.








Til next time...Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment