Wednesday 1 February 2012

Week 1 Round Up : Tuffer than Expected!

Week 1 Round Up

distance: about 1500km!

Stops: day 1- Mossvale; day 2 - Cooma; day 3 - Eden; day 4 - Cann River; day 5: Sale; day 6 and day 7 - Yarram.

Highlights: the beautiful rainforest at Tarra and Bulga National Park; beach run and forest run at Lakes Entrance and Eden; fishing at Quarantine Bay and hot showers!

Low Points: Rain makes everything wet, dirty and disgusting. But also missing the little comforts such as a washing line, washing machine, running water, hot showers, clean toilets and constantly shuffling, repacking and unpacking!

It's definitely been tougher than expected coping with the change in lifestyle but Yarram has lifted the spirits with its beautiful rainforest walks. I leave you with a pic of me struggling with the cold "summer" at Paradise Beach, those waves were crazy.
Mark
(Wilson's Promontory tomorrow and staying overnight at a wee place called Koo-Wee-Rup!)

2 comments:

  1. Really loving the blog guys. So much I google maped the place you went to --> http://g.co/maps/zh49z
    I know, I have no life :P but I feel like everywhere else but WA is like a foreign country to me and its great to see it and experience it through your blog. Keep up the good work guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is so cool with the google maps thing. I never knew how to use it until just then. Here is an updated link with some of the little side trips we did as well: http://g.co/maps/qg3h6

    ReplyDelete